- Course Code: UKVC18WCS
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern devices and browsers
Working in Confined Spaces Certificate
Every year, 25 people die while working in confined spaces in the UK. The majority of victims work in the construction industry. Many of these deaths are preventable. Understanding the unique risks of carrying out work in these environments and insisting on safer working practices is essential to upholding worker health and safety.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the risks associated with working in confined spaces, the obligations of employers and employees under the law and the practical measures that will reduce the risk of injury and death.
You Will Learn
- The criteria that governs what constitutes a “confined space” and why it is important to understand this definition.
- The hazards that make working in a confined space dangerous, including excessive heat, fumes and low levels of oxygen.
- Why it is essential to undertake a risk assessment prior to commencing work in confined spaces and the steps you should take when evaluating potential hazards.
- Best practices for working in confined spaces, including how to ensure adequate lighting, ventilation and systems of communication.
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- If you employ people who work in confined spaces, this course will help you appreciate and meet your responsibilities under the law.
- If you are responsible for carrying out health and safety assessments at work, this course will help you take into account the key hazards that could affect employees working in confined spaces.
- If you work in confined spaces, this course will teach you how to minimise your risk of injury at work.
- If you are interested in occupational health and safety, particularly in the construction industry and similar fields of work, this course will provide you with essential information on one of the most significant safety hazards in the workplace.
Who can take the Working in Confined Spaces Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Working in Confined Spaces Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.