- Course Code: UKVC18THO
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Thomas–Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument Certificate
Conflicts are almost a certainty. While in some situations, conflicts are harmless, there are other cases where these types of situations can cause tension. Sometimes it is easy to work through these challenging situations, but when things are hard to deal with, it can be useful to access tools that will help defuse the issue. This is where the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) comes into play.
Professors of management, Ken Thomas, PhD and Ralph Kilmann PhD, created the TKI Conflict Mode Instrument to help with conflict resolution. The TKI works with organisations and individuals to help assess how they deal with conflicts and when/where they can make changes so that effective resolutions can be made. It can be hard to imagine that every conflict will turn out okay, but with the approach that the TKI Conflict Mode instrument takes, it is possible. Not only can this assist a person in their day-to-day life, but organisations can implement it to encourage a better workflow. By assessing an individual and providing them with an in-depth analysis of how to react to certain conflict situations, this can not only empower an individual to make the right choice, but will also teach them how to handle future, unexpected conflict situations.
You Will Learn
- What the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) is and why it is a useful management tool
- How the TKI works and when it can be applied
- About the five conflict-handling modes that can be implemented in almost every conflict situation
- The benefits of the TKI not just for individuals, but also for members of an organisation
- How one can obtain TKI training and certification
Benefits Of Taking this Course
- You will learn about the TKI and why it has been such a success with individuals and organisations since being published in the 1970s. Additionally, individuals can learn how to implement the results of the assessment test in real-life situations.
- You will learn about the TKI and how it works to create an in-depth conflict resolution profile for an individual. This profile will essentially indicate how a person should approach each conflict.
- You will get an understanding of the five conflict-handling modes and will know what situations they should be applied.
- You will learn what the benefits of TKI training are and why the assessment can help individuals approach conflicts with more acceptance of the situation.
- You will know how to obtain TKI training and certification and other assessment tests, their benefits, and why using some of them in combination with the TKI can yield even better results.
Who can take the Thomas–Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Thomas–Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.