- Course Code: UKVC19STR
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.75 hours
- Cost: £49.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Strategic Planning/Mission Statement
Mission statements are important aspects of businesses, especially start-ups. They describe many elements of businesses, including why they are in operation. Strategic planning also goes hand in hand with the creation and delivery of mission statements. It guides businesses and their operations in many ways. It can be the link between a business and its success.
This course has been tailored to introduce mission statements and strategic planning and their roles in businesses. First, we explain the phrase “mission statement” and give a detailed description of what it is. The course also defines a strategic plan and states the main components of mission statements to help better understand the concept.
Next, we briefly describe how to create a mission statement and provide a sample statement to better understand the idea under exploration. We also explain how a business can create a good strategic plan to aid in the realisation of its mission statement. The course also explains the link between a strategic plan and mission statements.
We also discuss what happens when a strategic plan fails or a business is unable to realise its mission statement either wholly or in part. Different terms related to strategic planning such as mission, vision and values have also been differentiated. Finally, we cover the benefits of strategic planning and mission statements in any business.
You Will Learn:
- The definition of strategic planning and mission statements
- What a mission plan or strategic planning entails
- The difference between a strategic plan and a mission statement
- The main components of a mission statement and how to create one
- How to create a mission statement and a strategic plan
- The relationship between a strategic plan and mission statements
- What happens in case a mission statement or strategic plan fails
- The differences between various terms such as mission, vision, strategy, values and a balanced scorecard
- The benefits of strategic planning and writing mission statements
Benefits of Taking the Course
Taking the course will help you:
- Understand mission statements and strategic planning
- Understand the essence of the two in business operations
- Learn to develop your own mission statements and strategic plans
- Learn what to do in case an existing company mission fails
- Prepare to run your business venture in the future
- Develop an interest in taking up a business course or career along those lines
Who can take the Strategic Planning / Mission Statement Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Strategic Planning / Mission Statement Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.