- Course Code: UKVC18RAC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1.0 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Risk Assessment in the Workplace Certificate
Every year, thousands of people are injured at work. Many of these injuries are preventable. The key to a safe workplace is continuous, comprehensive risk management. Risk assessment is a framework and method that enables employers to spot hazards and reduce the risk of harm to everyone in the environment.
This course will introduce you to the laws governing the identification and management of hazards and risks in the workplace. You will learn about the role of employers and employees in maintaining a safe environment, the steps involved in conducting an assessment and how to prevent common workplace accidents.
You Will Learn:
- What an employer must do when carrying out a risk assessment
- How and when employers must consult their employees when undertaking a risk assessment
- Which groups of workers are particularly vulnerable to accidents and injuries in the workplace
- How workplace inspections can facilitate risk management, and who is responsible for carrying out these inspections
- The eight strategies employers can use to prevent slips, trips and falls
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under health and safety law
- If you are a worker, this course will improve your awareness of risks in the workplace and encourage you to use safe working practices
- If you are responsible for carrying out risk assessments at work, this course will help you identify hazards and evaluate risk
- If you are a worker representative, this course will provide you with a useful overview of how and when employers must consult workers with regards to health and safety
Who can take the Risk Assessment in Workplace Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Risk Assessment in Workplace Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.0 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.