- Course Code: UKVC19RMH
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1.25 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Rats, mice and hamsters all make excellent pets for those who lack the space required to raise larger domestic animals, such as cats or dogs.
These rodents also make excellent first pets for young children, university students, who are on their own for the first time, and even classrooms. However, proper knowledge of the animal’s needs is required to ensure that the rodent stays as healthy as possible. Rats, mice and hamsters have very different needs to cats or dogs.
This course goes over everything you need to know to keep the rats, mice and hamsters in your care happy and healthy.
We begin by introducing you to rodent ownership, letting you know the differences between common household pets. This first module also reviews the environmental needs that each rodent has.
The second module talks about the ways in which you can keep your rodent in good health by talking about their dietary needs. A discussion about spotting signs of illness is also included.
You Will Learn:
- The difference between caring for a rat, mouse or hamster and which rodent is best for you
- How to meet a mouse’s need for social interaction
- Why you should never give a hamster a bath
- Why your rat may love bath time
- The best kinds of foods to use for dietary staples and occasional treats
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learn why you should never use cedar chips, standard hamster cages or seed-based foods
- Learn how to set up the perfect habitat for each type of rodent, including the type of bedding you should use
- If you work in animal care, learn more about the specific ailments facing rodents
- If you work in pet sales, learn what kind of conditions you should keep each type of rodent in to ensure that they are in good health when taken to their future homes
- If you are a prospective pet owner, learn more about how to raise a rat, mouse or hamster in a way that prolongs their lifespan and keeps them healthy
Who can take the Rat/Mouse/Hamster Care Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Rat/Mouse/Hamster Care Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.