- Course Code: UKVC19RBC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1.25 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: N/A
- Compatibility: N/A
Caring for rabbits can be very rewarding, but it is a dramatically different experience than looking after cats or dogs.
Rabbits have specific dietary, health and environmental needs.
It is important that anyone responsible for their care knows how to meet those requirements.
Doing so can lead to a long and happy life for your furry friend.
This course goes over everything you need to know about providing adequate rabbit care, split across two modules.
The first talks about the rabbit care in general, including a discussion of common rabbit breeds those engaged in animal welfare may encounter.
An overview of the environmental needs of rabbits is also included.
The second module dives into healthcare, talking about grooming and behavioural habits while also reviewing major ailments you should be aware of.
You Will Learn:
- Specific strategies you can employ to provide the rabbits in your care with an enriched environment
- How often toys must be cycled out to continue enriching your rabbit’s playtime
- The specific foods rabbits can eat on a daily basis
- The specific foods you should never feed a rabbit
- The reasons why hay is such an important part of your rabbit’s habitat as well as diet
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learn the benefits of getting involved with your rabbit’s grooming schedule, as well as a few tips on how to improve the bonding experience
- Learn about the difference in popular domestic rabbit breeds, to help you better choose a pet suitable for your lifestyle
- If you work in animal care, learn more about the specific health challenges facing rabbits and how you can spot the signs earlier
- If you work in pet sales, learn what kinds of conditions are required to ensure that rabbits in your care thrive before being placed in their forever homes
- If you are a prospective pet owner, learn everything you need to prepare your home for your rabbit’s arrival
Who can take the Rabbit Care Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Rabbit Care Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.