- Course Code: UKMEC17PSC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Public Speaking Certificate
The ability to inspire, engage and enthuse others with your words and passion is a vital tool for leadership, sales and virtually all aspects of business. Great public speakers are able to communicate in a way which captures attention and drives action. Conversely, poor public speakers can damage their own reputation as an expert and tarnish others’ opinion of the organisation they represent.
While we all know how to speak, it is a common mistake to assume the same methods can effectively transmit important ideas and persuasive content to large groups of people. Public speaking is a skill, not a natural talent, and most people are petrified of it simply because they have never been taught how to do it well.
Set aside your fears and calm your nerves while you learn exactly how to master the art and science of persuasive public speaking. This course has been designed for anybody wishing to improve their confidence and capability in this essential business and personal skill. The information presented is supported with practical opportunities to enhance the skills, aptitudes and emotional mastery needed to successfully wow your audience.
By taking this course you will learn the methods, tools and knowledge needed to successfully present your ideas and expertise to an audience of any size. This course takes you on a journey through the essential knowledge, psychology, practical steps and personal development needed to optimise your public speaking performance. Worksheets, quizzes, tests and interactive exercises are provided to support your learning and enhance your abilities.
What you will learn:
- How to prepare yourself emotionally and practically to deliver a great speech
- Methods to enhance your credibility, authority and appeal as a public speaker
- Planning tools and preparation techniques which enhance the quality of your speech
- How to use your voice and body to authentically connect with your audience
- Best practices for opening and closing speeches to optimise their effectiveness
- Psychological techniques which help you relax and influence your audience
- How to prepare presentation materials and visual aids suitable for your audience
Benefits of taking this course:
- Learn how to identify and overcome the common fears and anxiety associated with public speaking
- Gather practical experience, feedback and data which will improve your skills and confidence
- Identify and upgrade your vocal qualities to make your delivery more interesting and appealing
- Receive detailed processes and emotional guidance to support speech preparation and delivery
- Develop your own unique style of presenting which allows your personality and expertise to shine
Taking this course will empower you to calmly and confidently speak in public in ways which your audience will greatly appreciate. The power of successfully captivating and inspiring crowds of people cannot be underestimated. Learn how to be an effective and enjoyable public speaker.
- Understand what it takes to prepare a great speech
- Establish the importance of personal credibility and integrity as a public speaker
- Know how you can generate ideas and topics for an upcoming presentation
- Investigate the importance of storyboards in speech preparation and delivery
- Investigate the tenets of successful speech delivery
- Understand the importance of saying yes to the microphone
- Establish the best practice when opening a speech
- Pinpoint the mistakes to avoid when opening, delivering and closing a speech
- Uncover why so many people are afraid of speaking and learn practical steps to reduce anxiety
- Understand how and why to gather feedback or data from a variety of speaking opportunities
- Learn methods to improve the effectiveness of rehearsals and comprehend why they are so crucial
- Develop confidence in personal, emotional mastery and apply it to the speech preparation process
- Learn how to build up your vocal variety
- Identify what type of speech delivery technique works for you
- Prevent common mistakes in speech preparation and delivery
- Understand how to communicate with clarity and colour
- Learn how to prepare for a speech with very short notice, or none at all
- Analyse and implement the SMART speech preparation steps and process
- Understand the benefits of presentation enhancement and how to make it work for you
- Know how and why you need to review your speech and what happens if you do not
Who can take the Public Speaking Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Public Speaking Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.