- Course Code: UKVC18PFO
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Preventing Falls in Older People Certificate
Approximately 1 in 3 older adults living at home will have at least one fall each year. In most cases, falls do not result in serious injury. However, in some cases, they can have devastating effects. For instance, an older adult with osteoporosis may sustain a serious fracture following a fall.
This course will teach you why older people often suffer falls and how falls can be prevented in domestic settings. You will learn practical strategies for adapting the environment and working with healthcare professionals, in order to reduce the risk and promote independence.
You will Learn
- Why older people are at particular risk of falls
- Environmental factors that make a fall more likely
- What to do if you fall
- How to prevent falls in domestic settings by adjusting the environment
- Getting help with day-to-day tasks and investing in safety aids
- Why strength and balance training can reduce the risk of falls
- How to start an effective exercise programme
- Why regular sight tests can minimise an individual’s risk of falls
- The link between medication, alcohol and falls
Benefits of taking this Course:
- If you are an older adult at risk of a fall, this course will help reduce your risk of injury
- If you live with or care for an older adult, this course will help you safeguard their wellbeing
- If you work with older adults in a supported or residential living facility, this course will help you contribute to a safer environment
- If you work in a business that manufactures or sells independent living aids or equipment, this course will give you a valuable insight into the problems faced by older adults at risk of falls
Who can take the Preventing Falls in Older People Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Preventing Falls in Older People Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.