- Course Code: UKVC20PVD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.75 hours
- Cost: £199.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Terrorism is a real and looming threat, and its devastating effects have been experienced time and time again. One of the major tools that terrorist groups use to promote their propaganda and garner support, is the radicalisation of youths and students from a young age. They try to increase their numbers through constant contact, communication and brainwashing of young minds.
While most children are not attracted to such groups or activities, some may be at higher risk of radicalisation.
What You Will Learn in This Course:
- How terrorists use intimidation and fear to reach their objectives, and the similarities and differences between terrorists and extremists
- How terrorist groups use radicalisation of youths to achieve their social, economic and religious ideologies
- The different methods by which extreamist organisations attract new candidates from schools and educational facilities
- How teachers and school staff can assess risks and observe signs of worrying behaviour
- What teachers and school staff are expected to do in the event that they notice any cause for concern
- The CIN provision and how to deal with the situation if a child or group is discovered to be vulnerable to radicalisation
The Benefits of This Course:
- You will be able to appreciate the strong connection between support for terrorist groups and the radicalisation of youths
- As you understand the signs that indicate risky behaviour, you may be able to identify potentially susceptible children and refer them for help
- You can take proactive steps to create and encourage a positive, empowering environment at school
- You can nip in the bud early unacceptable behaviour, including bullying, harassment or discrimination, and prevent the growth of resentment among students
The Prevent Duty recommendations seek to protect young people from the effects of extremism by promoting inclusivity and encouraging positive debate and discussion.
Who can take the Prevent Duty Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Prevent Duty Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.