- Course Code: UKVC18PPE
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
PPE Awareness Certification
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) protects workers in many fields from injury and disease. However, the decision to use PPE should not be undertaken lightly and should be used only as a last resort when other risk reduction measures do not work.
In this course, you will learn how and when it is appropriate to use PPE, what you need to bear in mind when choosing it and how to get the most from your equipment. The course also addresses employers’ and employees’ duties under health and safety laws.
What You Will Learn
- The main types of PPE available, how it protects people from harm and the legislation governing its use and selection
- How to choose the correct type of PPE for your workers, taking into account their circumstances, job type and individual needs
- How to store and maintain PPE, why it should be tested on a regular basis and when it should be inspected
- Why a good training program will improve compliance with PPE policies in the workplace, barriers to training and the components of a successful training session
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are an employer, you will benefit from understanding your obligations under the law with regards to the provision and use of PPE
- If you are a worker who uses PPE, this course will further your understanding of why PPE is used, the different types of PPE available and why it should be used only as a last resort
- If you are responsible for the storage of PPE, this course will help you keep it in good working order
- If you are responsible for conducting risk assessments at work, you will benefit from this overview of the role of PPE and when it should be used
Who can take the PPE Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the PPE Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.