- Course Code: UKVC18PHC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
People Handling Certificate
In the healthcare and social work fields, there are many occasions where you or your staff members may need to physically handle or move a service user. This typically happens in situations where you are dealing with those who have health or mobility issues.
Safe and proper handling of people in your care is an important skill to learn. Not only does it ensure that your staff members remain healthy and injury-free whilst working, it guarantees that all your service users are treated with dignity and respect.
This course is designed to give you all the information that you need to know regarding people handling.
It begins by giving you a brief introduction to the topic, including a review of the relevant legislation.
Next, it discusses the importance of conducting risk assessments.
Safe equipment use is covered next. This section elaborates on legislation that was introduced previously, to provide you with a complex understanding of the field.
Finally, we review the best practices that you need to keep in mind, whenever you move or handle a person.
You will Learn:
- Why people handling training is so important to any organisation where someone may need physical assistance
- The numerous pieces of legislation that you should review
- The two types of risks that exist, whenever you work at an organisation where people need to be handled
- A few examples of the types of equipment that you may encounter, when moving or handling people
- A brief overview of the best practices that you need to keep in mind, when handling people
- How to identify hazards and risks
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Learning about the employee and employer responsibilities, when it comes to people handling
- Understanding the two types of risks that you encounter, when dealing with people handling
- Learning about PUWER and LOLER, including their applications
- Understanding what steps you need to take, before you even begin handling a person
- Learning about the different types of transfers that you may be involved in
Who can take the People Handling Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the People Handling Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.