- Course Code: UKVC18PRC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.50 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Parental Rights Certificate
Many workers will, at some point, need time off work to welcome a new baby into their family. In the UK, Maternity, Adoption, Paternity and Shared Parental Leave (SPL) bestow “parental rights” upon workers. All businesses need to have a working understanding of relevant employment laws to ensure that all employees are treated fairly.
In this course, you will learn what a worker is entitled to receive in terms of paid and unpaid leave, and how their employment rights are subject to protection while they are away from the workplace.
You Will Learn:
- Who is entitled to Statutory Maternity Leave (SML), Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and Maternity Allowance (MA)
- Special cases whereby different rules may apply with regards to the provision of SML and SMP, such as mariners and directors
- Who is entitled to Statutory Paternity Leave and Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP)
- Who is entitled to Shared Parental Leave (SPL) and Shared Parental Pay (ShPP), and how the allowances are calculated
- The rights of workers who are away from the workplace on parental leave, and the rights of workers to take unplanned, unpaid leave to care for their dependents
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you work in an HR role, this course will provide you with a useful overview of parental rights that will ensure all workers get the benefits they deserve
- If you own a business, this course will help you meet your obligations under the law with regards to parental rights
- If you are a worker, this course will inform you of your rights under the law
- If you are a supervisor, this course will help you understand the rights of your team members and manage them accordingly
Who can take the Parental Rights Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Parental Rights Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.50 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.