- Course Code: UKVC19NAT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.50 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The National Minimum Wage
The National Minimum Wage ensures that UK workers receive a fair wage. If you are an employer, you must pay your workers this wage or else face severe penalties. However, the National Minimum Wage varies between age and occupation groups, and calculating it is not always easy.
In this course, you will learn what the National Minimum Wage is, how much you need to pay your staff, and how to ensure that you keep appropriate records of your payroll activities.
You Will Learn:
- The current National Minimum Wage figures
- Who is and is not entitled to the National Minimum Wage
- The rules governing the National Minimum Wage for apprentices
- The consequences you may face if you fail to pay your employees appropriately
- How to calculate the National Minimum Wage when your staff work irregular hours or work under complex arrangements
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- This course will help you avoid penalties imposed by HMRC by paying all your staff the correct wage
- If you are responsible for maintaining a payroll at work, this course will help you check that employees are being paid fairly
- If you are a worker, this course will give you the knowledge you need to make sure you are receiving the right wage
- If you have a general interest in employment law, this course will provide you with an insight into a key topic in this field
Who can take the National Minimum Wage Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the National Minimum Wage Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.50 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.