- Course Code: UKVC18MOB
- Location: N/A
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Mobile Phones and Driving Certificate
Mobile phones are one of the primary technological advances of the 21st Century. Not only have they increased social networking and have changed the way humans communicate with one another, but they also serve as an effective form of personal security. In times of an emergency or when one is travelling and/or alone, a mobile device can assist the driver in having a more efficient journey on the road. However, using a handheld device while driving a vehicle is dangerous, illegal and can often lead to injuries or fatalities. It is important to learn about the risks associated with using a mobile device when behind the wheel, to avoid any of these potential hazardous situations.
This course provides a thorough understanding of the kinds of dangers a driver faces when using a phone while driving and the various penalties that are associated with it. Additionally, you will learn about how to use a mobile device when on the road.
What You Will learn
- The consequences of using a mobile device while driving
- Laws and penalties associated with using a mobile device when driving
- What is distracted driving and how to teach new drivers the importance of distraction-free driving
- How to safely use a hands-free device and sat navs without breaking the law
- Safe ways to use a handheld device while on the road and what to do in the event of an emergency
Benefits of the Course
- You will become aware of the risks associated with using a mobile device while driving
- Prevent yourself from getting into a dangerous or life-threatening situations due to using a mobile device while driving
- You will learn how to avoid getting a fine or paying a penalty for using a hand-held device
- You will know the risks and benefits associated with using a hands-free device while driving
- You will be aware of the effects of distracted driving and how to teach new drivers not to use a phone when behind the wheel
- Learning how to properly use a mobile device in case of an emergency while on the road
Who can take the Mobile Phones and Driving Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Mobile Phones and Driving Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.