- Course Code: UKFEC16MMD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 8 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The marketing diploma is an essential tool for anyone who is interested in marketing and advertising. This diploma can help you progress in your career as there is an industry demand for these qualifications to help companies boost their branding and improve their revenue.
Introduction to the Marketing Diploma
The marketing diploma is broken into fifteen easy to study modules which are brimming with valuable information, tips and advice relating to this exciting and interesting industry. The course will provide you with a good foundation when starting out in the marketing industry.
The marketing diploma is offered as an online study course, which enables you to study from home and at your own pace. On successful passing of the test you will be awarded with your certificate, which can be downloaded and printed immediately.
What you Will Learn
This information packed course is broken down into fifteen modules, which you can study at any time using any device, as long as you are connected to the internet. Some of the things you will learn from this course include:
- Know the definition of marketing
- What you can expect from marketing
- Learn what makes marketing so important to companies around the world
- Gain insight into where you can use marketing to help your business grow
- Know where to begin when it comes to effective marketing
- Identify the fundamentals of marketing
- Get a good understanding on marketing strategy
- Know the disadvantages of not fully understanding marketing fundamentals
- Learn the differences between needs and wants in customers
- Identify the needs of your customers
- How to identify customer information for marketing
- Gain valuable insight into the marketing environment
- Understand your competitors
- Learn the different forms of marketing
- Know the key forms of marketing you need to be aware of when it comes to your marketing efforts
- Identify how to select the best forms of marketing based on your particular company
- Tips on mistakes to avoid when it comes to forms of marketing
- Get to know the 4Ps of marketing
- Understand offline marketing
- Why you should be including offline marketing in your marketing strategy
- Get an understanding of online marketing
- Learn how to create a marketing plan
- Know why you need a marketing plan
- Understand how to set your marketing budget
- Learn how to get the most out of your marketing budget
- Know the mistakes to avoid at all costs when it comes to marketing
- Get insight into valuable marketing tools you can start using today
- Points to remember when it comes to marketing
There are numerous benefits to choosing to complete the marketing diploma, whether you want to enjoy a career in marketing or you own your own business and are looking for ways to boost your brand visibility.
Some of the benefits you can expect when taking the marketing diploma include:
- Online access to all fifteen modules at any time
- Modules compatible with most devices
- Online support
- Lifetime access to modules
- Easy to manage modules
- Chance to improve knowledge and start using what you have learned without delay
- Fast track your career
- Certificate can be verified online
- Definition of the term ‘marketing'
- Why you need to consider using it as part of your approach to business.
- Focus - why you cannot allow yourself to get carried away with your ideas.
- The key reasons why marketing is so important.
- Where marketing can help your business.
- The impact of not using marketing to your advantage.
- Where to begin with marketing.
- What we mean by the fundamentals of marketing.
- The impact of not understanding these basic concepts.
- Understanding market strategy.
- The four step process that you need to follow to be a success.
- The difference between need and want in a customer.
- How to identify those needs.
- How to interpret that information for marketing purposes.
- The difference it makes to your business.
- What we mean by the marketing environment.
- Understanding your competitors.
- How to place yourself within your correct environment.
- Key mistakes to avoid making right from the outset.
- The key forms of marketing.
- The importance of understanding and using these different forms of marketing.
- How to select the best forms of marketing for your business.
- Where you can go wrong and how to avoid these pitfalls.
- What the Four P's actually are.
- How to implement them into your marketing strategy.
- The difference the Four P's will make to your business.
- Moving forward and keeping the Four P's in mind.
- What we mean by offline marketing.
- The importance of including it in any marketing strategy.
- The key offline marketing concepts to consider.
- Local or national offline marketing.
- What the term ‘online marketing' means
- Why you must include this form of marketing within your strategy.
- The different forms of online marketing.
- Whether to go local or international with your marketing.
- Why you need a marketing plan.
- The basic structure of a marketing plan.
- How to include the key pieces of information into your plan.
- Putting the plan into action.
- Setting your budget.
- Preparing for unexpected extras.
- How to get the most out of your budget.
- Key mistakes people make that blow their budget.
- Why evaluating the success of your marketing plan is so important.
- Where to begin with the evaluation.
- The importance of being critical and honest.
- What to do if things are not going well.
- Common marketing mistakes
- How to stop the decline.
- Turning a mistake into a positive.
- The dangers of not correcting mistakes.
- Tools that will help give your marketing strategy a boost
- We will review the key points covered in the previous modules.
I would definitely recommend this course to others
I rate this course very highly as this is a very in-depth informative online course that increased my knowledge in Marketing and has given me plenty of useful information to apply to my work.
It had a good framework of information followed by a worksheet so that you could test the knowledge that you’ve just learned. It provided a great deal of information broken down into easy to digest sections and was good value for money as well.
I would definitely recommend this course to others and I know that my brother has taken another course using this website also.
Hannah Pugh – Sheffield
Overall, an easy way to develop new skills!
The Marketing Diploma Course was laid out in such a way that it was easy to understand and work through and the modular approach meant I was able to complete the course in a way which suited me.
The New Skills Academy website is easy to use and the user dashboard provides all the information you need to start, continue and complete your studies.
Each module in the course was detailed and broken down into manageable chunks, with downloadable worksheets to test knowledge at the end of each module making sure you have the understanding to progress.
Overall, an easy way to develop new skills!
Nick Eyley – Sheffield
Who can take the Marketing Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 15 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 15 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 15 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Marketing Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.