- Course Code: UKVC20MPC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2 hours
- Cost: £199.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Your ability to manage people can make you a successful and empowering leader. People management skills allow you to nurture relationships with employees, team members, subordinates and superiors with different aspirations, backgrounds, experiences and goals.
Most of us spend 8 hours or more at work each day, and it's very important to develop positive ways to interact with the people you work with. No matter what role you play in an organisation, people skills help you get the best out of everyone and help you balance human interactions with productivity and performance.
What You Will Learn:
- The meaning of people management and how people skills benefit an organisation and its employees
- The effects of poor people management in terms of productivity, performance, morale and employee retention
- Signs of poor people management in an organisation, including low morale, poor retention and high staff turnover
- People management skills, including fairness, adaptability, communication, respect and organisation
- Practical, useful and effective strategies to deal with difficult people at work
- How to create an inclusive environment and nurture relationships with employees from diverse backgrounds
The Benefits of This Course:
- You learn to communicate and interact in a responsive, positive way, instead of reacting impulsively
- You become more self-aware as a person, leader and employee and can relate better to others
- You are better equipped to handle difficult team members or employees in a more empowering manner
- As a leader, you learn to appreciate and celebrate differences in perspective, thinking and ideas
- You learn to see problems and situations from other people’s points of view
- Managing people effectively enables you to seek constructive ways to solve problems, get things done and foster collaboration among team members.
Who can take the Managing People Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 3 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 3 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Managing People Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.