- Course Code: UKVC20LGB
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £199.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
It’s a matter of concern that, even though it’s the twenty-first century, people are still being discriminated against based on their sexual preferences, gender identity, way of dressing and for generally being who they are.
It’s high time we understood the problems faced by the LGBTQ community and do our bit to help make our society inclusive and accepting of their needs. LGBTQ members have long since faced harassment, discrimination, persecution and bullying. This course on LGBTQ awareness helps highlight members of this community’s needs, challenges and issues.
What You Will Learn:
- What the acronym ‘LGBTQ’ stands for and the differences between the various LGBTQ members, based on their sexual orientation and gender preferences
- Insights into the common challenges faced by LGBTQ members in their daily lives, including parenting, relationships, discrimination in public places, harassment in workplaces and housing
- How schools and other educational institutions can render staff and students sensitive to be more accepting of members of the LGBTQ community and how parents can help their LGBTQ children develop confidence and self-esteem
- About laws, acts and other government initiatives in the UK that have decriminalised homosexuality over the years
How You Can Benefit from This Course:
- Learning about LGBTQ rights helps you become more empathetic towards and conscious of equality issues
- As an employer, parent, landlord, sibling or peer of an LGBTQ individual, you can become sensitive to their needs
- You can give and receive support from LGBTQ individuals and create flourishing educational or office environments
- You can develop individual as well as community relationships, and help LGBTQ members to integrate within their neighbourhoods and among their colleagues and family members
- Most importantly, you can educate others about LGBTQ needs, challenges and requirements and spread awareness in your community and beyond.
Who can take the LGBTQ Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the LGBTQ Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.