- Course Code: UKVC18HTC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Level 1 HTML & CSS Certificate
HTML5 is a useful web-programming language that allows you to create feature-rich apps that can run on a wide variety of devices. HTML5 combines the awesome power and flexibility of HTML4 along with multi-media rich features, and you are no longer at the mercy of Apple’s iOS or Google’s Android when you develop your own apps. In fact, after using HTML5, you can actually design your own app and promote it on the open web. It’s easier to develop apps with HTML5 as the programming language provides flexible cross-platform compatibility.
Important topics covered in the course include:
The video course on HTML5 teaches beginners (who may have no prior knowledge of HTML) the programming basics and explains other features throughout subsequent videos. Some of the topics covered include:
- How to choose the correct text editor and browser for running HTML5 and how to open a new file and type in basic code
- The concept of tags and how to include website text between the correct tags and how to nest tags in the right manner
- How to preview your website as you develop it and using the correct syntax in code
- How to use basic CSS files and commands to help your website content look better
- How to create lists, links and tables and incorporate the instructions correctly in HTML5 code
- How to use form and input tags to accept information from the user
- Lab test exercises to test your skills after every video tutorial
Benefits of studying the course:
- You can test your skills by doing the practice tests provided in the course
- Your knowledge of the basics can enable you to learn more advanced levels of HTML5
- You can start developing your own apps by using HTML5 code without depending on Google and Apple
- Even those with zero programming knowledge can do this course and learn the terms and basics
Who can take the Level 1 HTML & CSS Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 28 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 28 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 28 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Level 1 HTML & CSS Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.