- Course Code: UKVC18LEA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.75 hours
- Cost: £49.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Learning Strategies Certificate
Whether you want to get better grades or pick up a new skill in your free time, using recognised learning strategies will help you get the results you need.
In this course, you will learn how to use learning techniques that will help you retain information and recall it whenever you wish.
You will Learn:
- Why you should leave gaps between learning sessions
- Why you should practise a mix of skills within the same session
- How to use the ‘five R’s’ of note-taking
- How to make dull content more interesting
- How to take breaks during learning sessions
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- If you are a student, this course will help you remember important information during exams and assessed tasks
- If you need to learn a new skill at work, this course will help you pick it up quickly
- If you work as a teacher or trainer, this course will help you teach your students how to learn
- If you are interested in psychology, you will benefit from this brief insight into how we remember information
- If you are a parent, this course will help you support your child or teenager during their school years
Who can take the Learning Strategies Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Learning Strategies Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.