- Course Code: UKVC19KNC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The Key Stages of the National Curriculum Certificate
The National Curriculum is a complex document, setting out how the education system in the UK should run. Everyone from parents and teachers to carers need to be intimately familiar with how it works if they want the children in their lives to succeed.
One reason why the document can be difficult to understand is how it breaks down the subject matter. Each Key Stage represents several years, which correspond to different ages. Thankfully, examining each stage on its own makes it easier to comprehend the National Curriculum.
This course breaks down the National Curriculum into its individual parts. We begin by giving you a brief overview of the material covered.
Next, we talk about each stage on its own, telling you what you need to know to help the children you know succeed at each stage.
Finally, we talk about other compulsory material that must be covered.
You Will Learn:
- Which years and ages are associated with each Key Stage
- Information about the Early Years Foundation Stage and Sixth Form
- Which specific subjects are covered under the National Curriculum
- When testing is performed and what kind of tests are administered
- Details about other compulsory subjects, including Sex Education and Religious Education
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learn more about when you can expect teachers to start introducing homework
- Understand which subject materials are mandatory for all students
- If you are a carer or involved in early childhood education, understanding what is taught at the primary school level can help you enrich your own lesson planning to better prepare the children in your care for year one
- If you are interested in becoming a teacher, learning more about what you can anticipate as you teach children in each stage
- If you are a parent, learning more about what your child is learning in school and how you can help encourage success
Who can take the Key Stages of National Curriculum Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Key Stages of National Curriculum Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.