- Course Code: UKVC19REP
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1.25 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Introduction to Reptile Care
While certain species of reptiles can make fantastic pets, even for beginners, knowledge about their unique environmental, dietary and medical needs is crucial.
Caring for a reptile differs from other types of pet care, as reptiles have very different requirements than birds or mammals. Reptiles that do not have these needs addressed often fall sick and may not be able to enjoy long lifespans.
This course gives you a thorough introduction to proper reptile care split into two modules.
The first module addresses general environmental needs, while also providing a brief overview of reptile ownership.
Our second module dives into the medical issues that your reptile may face, along with the nutritional requirements that responsible reptile owners must fulfil, if they are to raise happy and healthy reptiles.
You Will Learn:
- The specific things you should keep in mind, when picking out a reptile
- General information on popular reptile species
- Recommendations on which reptiles are ideal for beginners and which ones first-timers should avoid
- Rules and regulations regarding reptile ownership, and how to make sure that you do not violate any UK laws
- An overview of the environmental needs that you must meet, to ensure that the reptiles in your care stay healthy
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learn about the ailments that reptiles frequently suffer from, along with how to identify the symptoms of each one
- Learn general strategies that you can use, to prevent illness from occurring and reduce the risk of it spreading to your other pets
- Learn how to complete a health check, along with what to do, if you notice that something is wrong
- If you work in reptile sales, you can learn more about the environmental conditions that you need to maintain, to ensure optimal health
- If you are a reptile owner, work in reptile sales or care for reptiles, learn more about recommended cleaning techniques and the frequency with which these techniques should be implemented
Who can take the Introduction to Reptile Care Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to Reptile Care Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.