- Course Code: UKVC19KCM
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1.25 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Introduction to Kennel and Cattery Management Certificate
For an animal lover, there is no better way to earn a living than spending it with the animals you adore. This makes kennel and cattery management a very attractive career choice for so many across the UK.
Having a solid understanding of both the business aspect of running a business as well as health and hygiene topics will give you the perfect start to your new career.
Training in this area is something you can use throughout your life.
This course tells you what you need to know about kennel and cattery management, dividing the information across two modules.
The first reviews the business side of things, covering your role at the kennel or cattery and introducing you to the various types of facilities you may encounter.
Our second module covers the animal health and hygiene topics you need to be familiar with in order to properly look after the animals in your care.
You Will Learn:
- The specific tasks kennel and cattery managers are responsible for
- Information about commercial or boarding kennels or catteries
- The difference between a breeding kennel and a hobby kennel
- Information about the three main pieces of legislation you need to be familiar with
- How to comply with your local authority’s record keeping requirements
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- For those thinking about a career in animal care, learn more about what you can expect from management
- If you currently work with animals, gain additional skills and knowledge you can use to ask for a promotion or raise
- If you are a pet owner, learn more about how the kennels and catteries you bring your pets to are run
- Volunteers at kennels and catteries can learn more about accepting increased responsibilities
- If you are thinking about breeding cats or dogs, learn more about how to keep the animals safe and well cared for
Who can take the Introduction to Kennel and Cattery Management Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to Kennel and Cattery Management Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.