- Course Code: UKVC18IEL
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Introduction to Employment Law Certificate
Employment law is a broad field that addresses every part of a person’s working life from recruitment to retirement. It aims to promote fair treatment in the workplace, ensuring that workers are paid fairly for safe work carried out under safe conditions.
This course will provide you with a brief overview of how employment law works, who is affected by employment legislation and the consequences of breaking the law. It presents employment law as a dynamic field that should be a key factor in shaping a company’s policies and procedures.
You Will Learn:
- Who is covered by employment law
- The scope of employment law, including data protection and disciplinary action
- How Trade Unions work and how employment law relates to their activities
- How employment law is enforced in the UK, why it is important to keep up with new developments in employment law and the penalties companies can expect to receive if they do not comply with legislation.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you own a business, this course will help you understand the extent of your responsibilities under the law
- If you are a worker, this course will broaden your knowledge of your workplace rights
- If you are a member of a Trade Union, or are considering joining a union, this course will give you a basic overview of their purpose and functions
- If you have a general interest in law, this course will introduce you to one of the most important legal domains in the UK.
Who can take the Introduction to Employment Law Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to Employment Law Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.