- Course Code: UKVC19CCC
- Location: N/A
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £199.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Welcome to your child counselling course. This course focuses on the important elements of being a child counsellor and what exactly that means. Counselling is a form of therapy and it is beneficial for both children and adults. However, there are differences between counselling adults and counselling children. This course focuses on those differences and the specifics of working with children.
This course also focuses on the common approaches to child counselling and what types of strategies child counsellors use to address the challenges in a child’s life. You will learn about the many things that children face at a certain age and how to address these by giving them the tools to handle their emotions and difficult times. Promoting these healthy methods and strategies at a young age can help children have a normal development and grow into adults who are better able to manage difficult times. In this course, you will even learn about what kinds of child behaviours can be addressed using counselling.
You Will Learn:
- Who is involved in child counselling and what role all the people in a child’s life have to play.
- What the goals of child counselling are and when it can be used to help a child.
- What some of the common terms are related to child counselling.
- Signs that a child could benefit from counselling and some of the common problems they may face.
- What approaches and strategies are used commonly in child counselling.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learn useful strategies for counselling children and helping them learn to deal with emotions and challenging situations.
- Understand what exactly child counselling is and why it is different to counselling adults.
- Learn about the differences between counselling different aged children.
- Understand the common challenges and disorders that may present themselves in a child’s life.
- Leave with a comprehensive understanding of different types of counselling and what their benefits are.
Who can take the Introduction to Child Counselling Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to Child Counselling Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.