- Course Code: UKVC19ANI
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1.25 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Introduction to Animal Care
Learning more about proper animal care is a skill that can take you far in life.
Not only does it give you the tools you need to properly care for your own pets, but it also gives you the foundation you need for an incredibly rewarding career in the animal care field.
Everyone from breeders and dog walkers to animal shelter volunteers can benefit from more knowledge about caring for the animals in their lives.
This course gives you an overview of what goes into proper animal care.
We begin by talking about care as it applies to household pets, such as cats and dogs. This module gives you tips and strategies you can use when you need to handle your pet, in order to keep them comfortable and at ease. The first module also discusses the Animal Welfare Act as it relates to domestic animals.
Our second module goes into detail about farm animals and other types of livestock, discussing applicable legislation and giving you an overview of environmental and dietary needs.
You Will Learn:
- How to safely handle domestic animals
- Why it is important to do your own research on your specific animal’s needs
- The relevant pieces of UK legislation relating to animal care and welfare
- The difference between providing for a household pet and providing for a farm animal
- The types of food common farm animals consume
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning more about the housing and nutritional requirements of various animals can help you become better prepared for animal guardianship
- Understand more about the work that goes into caring for a household pet or livestock
- If you work with animals or are interested in pursuing a career in that field, this course gives you a solid foundation you can build from
- If you are thinking about adopting or fostering a pet, you can learn about the legal and ethical requirements animal owners have
- If you are passionate about animals, you can learn more about existing rights and protections
Who can take the Introduction to Animal Care Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to Animal Care Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.