- Course Code: UKVC19HEF
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.50 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The Human Element of Fraud Certificate
Fraud can occur in any sector and it is important that employers and workers alike understand the technicalities and practical implications involved. However, most people overlook the human element of fraudulent activity, despite the fact that the psychology of fraud can help us prevent it happening in the first place.
In this course, you will learn why some people commit fraud, how they rationalise their own actions and the motives underpinning criminal activity in general.
What You Will Learn:
- The traits and characteristics of individuals most likely to commit fraud
- Six reasons people commit fraud and why otherwise law-abiding citizens may become fraudsters
- The six primary motives that drive people to commit crime
- The six most common rationales behind a decision to commit fraud, including the belief that “everyone else does it”
- How the Fraud Triangle helps law enforcement investigate fraud, and how the work of Freud can help you gain insight into the psychology of fraud
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- This course will help you ascertain the relative risk of fraud occurring within your organisation
- Understanding why some people feel compelled to commit fraud can help you reduce the risk, for example by redesigning the working environment or work processes
- If you have been defrauded by someone you never suspected would commit such a crime, this course may help you identify their motives
- If you have an interest in forensic psychology, you will benefit from this insight into the motives underpinning criminal activity
Who can take the Human Element of Fraud Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Human Element of Fraud Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.50 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.