- Course Code: UKFEC16HMD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Introduction to the Hotel Management Diploma
The hotel management diploma is the best choice for anyone who is interested in improving their career prospects within the hospitality industry in the United Kingdom.
This course will teach you everything you need to know to run a successful hotel, from communicating with guests to engaging with staff and maintaining front of house duties, while ensuring rooms are serviced to the highest standard and so much more.
Wide range of topics covered
The hotel management diploma covers a wide range of aspects associated with this position within the hospitality industry. The hospitality industry is a very service orientated business and you will need to know what is expected of you, develop skills and gain knowledge on how to complete your duties to the highest standard, always exceeding your guests' expectations.
Gain a valuable insight into the industry
The course is broken into manageable modules which will provide you with a comprehensive oversight on the duties and responsibilities associated with being a hotel manager. Once you have successfully completed the course and passed the multiple-choice test, you can download and print your certificate and start improving your career prospects straight away.
What you Will Learn
This diploma course is filled with comprehensive modules, which will teach you the following:
- Learn more about the role of the hotel manager.
- Identify with the products and services you will be expected to provide to your guests on a daily basis.
- Understand why appearance is so important in this role.
- Know what skills you need to complete your duties in an orderly and organised fashion.
- Learn how to deal with your customers to surpass their expectations daily, whether it's taking a booking over the phone or welcoming them to your hotel on arrival.
- Get a good understanding on welcoming guests to the hotel, along with essential checking in and checking out procedures that should be followed.
- Learn how to manage the front desk effectively.
- Understand more about housekeeping and how to ensure the rooms are always serviced to the highest standards.
- Understand hotel terminology and terms you will hear on a regular basis.
- Know what leadership qualities you are going to need to manage a team effectively.
- Learn about the paperwork and reporting you will need to conduct your duties effectively and keep your finger on the pulse at all times.
- Know the difference between front and back of house and how to manage the front of house at all times.
- Learn how to deal with unexpected emergencies.
- Get information and advice on how to market the hotel to attract more guests to ensure a good occupancy rate throughout the year.
Benefits of the Hotel Management Diploma
This training course can provide you with everything you need to know to fast track your career within the hospitality industry. The benefits include the following:
- The course is broken into manageable modules.
- Easy and comprehensive syllabus.
- Study at your own pace. You can take a week to study this course or you can take a couple of months, the choice is down to you and the amount of time you have available to commit to your studies.
- Compatible with all devices, enabling you to study from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Industry recognised certification on successful completion of the course.
- Online tutor available throughout your studies to provide you with assistance and guidance as needed.
- Improve your career prospects and fast track your career within the hospitality industry.
- No entry requirements.
- Know what is expected of you and what skills you need before accepting any positions.
- Prove your ability to complete the job by showing your certificate to potential employers.
- The basics of the industry.
- The scope of the industry.
- The basics of hotel management.
- Hotel management planning.
- The various products and services you should offer.
- Additional products and services customers often seek.
- How to handle customers when you do not have the products.
- The future of services within the hospitality industry.
- The different room types.
- More about the rates.
- The type of staff that are required for running a hotel.
- The classifications of hotels.
- What is expected from a manager with their appearance.
- The skills expected from a manager.
- Why those skills are important.
- How to build your skill set.
- The importance of language as a hotel manager.
- How to improve your English if required.
- The importance of having local knowledge.
- How to improve your local knowledge.
- Types of customers.
- How to identify their requirements.
- Dealing with walk-in guests.
- Disabled guests.
- How to take reservations by phone.
- How to take reservations by email and online.
- Information you need to learn about them.
- Supplying confirmation of the booking.
- How to greet guests.
- How to perform the checking in procedure.
- How to assign the rooms.
- How to complete the checking out procedure.
- How to correctly interact with the guests.
- The reasons why this makes a difference.
- How not to interact with the guests.
- The reasons why this makes a difference.
- The key to dealing with guests via the telephone.
- How to deal with a wake up call.
- How to deal with guest requests via the telephone.
- How to deal with room service.
- The different payment methods.
- How to deal with foreign currency.
- About providing foreign exchange services.
- How to understand exchange rates.
- What we mean by front desk management.
- The basics.
- Understanding roles.
- The importance of hiring the correct person.
- The basics of housekeeping.
- The basics of servicing rooms.
- The importance of these roles.
- General cleaning of the hotel.
- The basics of building management.
- The basics of facility management.
- Dealing with emergencies.
- The importance of understanding these roles.
- The basic running of the restaurant.
- The basic running of the bar.
- Dealing with the restaurant/bar managers.
- Delegating jobs.
- How to deal with the issue of items that have been lost and found.
- The length of time items are kept.
- How to deal with the issue of late checkouts.
- Dealing with special requests.
- The key terms and their meaning.
- Their importance to the industry.
- Learn what GOPPAR is
- Learn what an unconstrained demand is
- How your career can progress from start to finish.
- The changing responsibilities with this progression.
- The need for additional qualifications.
- International opportunities.
- The qualities of a successful leader.
- How to develop those qualities.
- How to engage with staff.
- Common mistakes that are made with staff.
- The different types of paperwork.
- How to organise things into a system.
- The importance of checking everything.
- The key to not being stressed by piles of paperwork.
- How to troubleshoot.
- Example of issues and how to deal with them.
- How to deal with medical emergencies.
- How to deal with overbooking.
- How to deal with costs.
- The importance of upselling.
- How to provide value for lower costs.
- How to reduce costs.
- The basics of marketing your hotel.
- The importance of keeping up with technology.
- Hotel websites.
- Using third parties.
What our students have to say…
It was extremely helpful
I have just finished the online course of Hotel Management Diploma!
It is very straightforward, knowledgeable and easy to learn! Very detailed, with all the important tasks broken down point to point the proper way of doing your job on a daily basis!
All the departments in the hotel industry were covered in this course, it showed the detailed running of a hotel from top to bottom. It was extremely helpful with my studies, pointed out what to do and how to approach my goals in my career!
Adam Feher – Bristol
If you are looking for a hotel management course, look no further
If you are looking for a hotel management course, look no further.
After deciding to look at a different career it was apparent that I required some insight into hotel management.
The course I am on is for a hotel management diploma. The course structure is second to none with many similar courses available. There is online support available and you can fit your learning around your day to day job. Fantastic course, fantastic service.
Graham Hollyer – Kent
I would recommend strongly this course
The Hotel Management Diploma Course was very interesting. The course explores the role of the hotel manager as clearly defined in that he/she is the one responsible for the smooth running of the establishment on a day-to-day basis, and goes beyond, not just about keeping guests happy, as a large part of the job remit will involve the correct running of hotel staff such as Front Desk, Operations, Housekeeping, Bar and Restaurant.
I liked the emphasis on being in charge of building relationships between both the host and the customer in order to provide the best experience possible.
I would strongly recommend this course.
Grigore Ionescu – Oxford
I found the course very professional
I found the course very professional and the contact with my course tutor was easy and rewarding. He responded very quickly to my emails.
I found the feedback from the questions I submitted very good and very useful. It helped me complete further questions and has given me direction in my job. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and I would definitely recommend it to colleagues and friends.
I would like to thank my tutor for all his help and valuable suggestions. I found his feedback very helpful and speedy; his remarks were always positive and constructive. The course material is excellent, varied, relevant and up-to-date. I have enjoyed the course and am very glad.
Muhammad Usman Akhtar, Abu Dhabi
I feel very satisfied with the course
Course was incredible! Excellent details. Also with the knowledge that you gain, you feel prepared for a big challenge for new career.
The importance of the hospitality business is shown in detail and is easily digested in the training. Everything is designed with new technology and easily memorable, amazingly beautiful methods of training.
I feel very satisfied with the course. I recommend everyone to try it. I want to thank the team at New Skills Academy for everything they have created for the education of this kind of business. Thanks again so much!
Vladimir Todorov, Bury St Edmunds
I will come back for more courses in future.
It was a very informative and thorough course. And was made easy to learn and understand different aspects of Hotel Industry and Management issues through day-to-day examples.
It not only enlightened me with Hotel Management but Management in general as well.
I will keep these precious tips and notes handy to refer back to them when needed. In a nutshell, money well spent and I will come back for more courses in future.
The beauty of this course was how easy yet composite this course was. And the manner in which the notes are written made it very easy for me to carry on grasping knowledge from the beginning to the end.
Imran Amjad – London
I cannot recommend this course enough!
I cannot recommend this course enough, and after seeing the standard of my current course, I can only assume others are to the same high standard.
One of the first things you will notice about the course is just how informative it is. The information given is in depth and intelligently written. I felt within the first 15 minutes of starting, I had a genuine understanding of the requirements of my course and the ways in which it would benefit me.
I have been working in hotels now for a few years and have made the step forward into a management role. This course has given me great confidence in my own abilities and is helping me understand just how much work goes into managing a hotel.
I cannot recommend this course enough! If you’re thinking of taking the plunge, perhaps making a career change or just starting out like me, then this course is the platform you need to boost your success.
Liam Hubbard – Birmingham
Who can take the Hotel Management Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 23 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 23 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 23 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Hotel Management Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.