- Course Code: UKVC19HMT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.50 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The HMT Sanctions List and Customer Identification
HM Treasury maintains comprehensive records of all persons and entities currently subject to sanctions. This means that they face financial restrictions, usually on the basis of their links with terrorist activity or human rights abuse.
If you run a business, you need to make sure that you do not handle money or assets owned by sanctioned parties, or enter into an arrangement whereby you grant them access to funds. To do so is a criminal offence. In this course, you will learn how financial sanctions work and how to meet your duties under the law.
You Will Learn:
- How financial sanctions work and the purpose and scope of the UK financial sanctions regime
- The scope and purpose of the Consolidated List and the UK Investment Ban List
- The parties responsible for maintaining these lists and how to use target and name matches to ensure that you do not engage in any transactions with individuals and entities named on the list
- How to verify customers’ identity, and the information you should collect when undertaking transactions
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are a business owner, you will benefit from learning how to avoid conducting business with sanctioned parties
- If you are responsible for financial transactions as part of your job, you will benefit from learning how to verify a customer’s identity and check whether they are currently facing sanctions
- If you work in the financial sector, this course will provide you with a good introduction to sanctions
- If you work in the public sector, you may benefit from furthering your understanding of how the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Treasury and other bodies work together to combat crime
Who can take the HMT Sanctions List Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the HMT Sanctions List Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.50 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.