- Course Code: UKVC18HPD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Head Protection Awareness Diploma
Over one million people in England and Wales seek emergency or urgent treatment for head injuries every year. Some of these injuries occur in the workplace, particularly in high-risk industries such as construction and mining. Therefore, it is crucial that workers are adequately protected against the most common causes of head injury.
This course outlines the practical steps you need to take when choosing and using head protection at work, as well as the legal obligations which must be met by employers and employees under the law.
You Will Learn
- Why employers should take the issue of head protection seriously, the consequences of head injury, who is most at risk and the main pieces of legislation governing the use of head protection at work.
- The most common types of protective headgear used in the workplace, how safety helmets and bump caps reduce the risk of injury and how to choose the best type of head protection for your needs.
- The average lifespan of protective headgear, how to clean and store safety helmets and bump caps and the signs the suggest you need to replace them.
- Why workers need to comply with head and safety rules in the workplace, how to build a safety-centric work culture, the role of training in promoting compliance and why some employees are exempt from the rules the require them to wear head protection.
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- Anyone responsible for undertaking risk assessments and drawing up health and safety policies in a workplace will benefit from this overview of the proper use and care of head protection.
- If you are working as a health and safety trainer, this course will help you develop comprehensive training materials for those working in high-risk industries.
- This course will help those in supervisory roles encourage compliance in the workplace, thereby reducing the number of accidents that occur.
- If you are an employee in an industry that requires you to wear head protection, you will benefit from learning more about how head protection lowers your risk of injury.
- Anyone interested in the field of occupational health will find this course to be of interest, as it outlines the causes and consequences of head injury in the workplace.
Who can take the Head Protection Awareness Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Head Protection Awareness Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.