- Course Code: UKVC19DPR
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2 hours
- Cost: £199.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The GDPR, or General Data Protection Regulation, is an important part of EU and international law. This regulation protects the personal data of EU citizens, outlining the ways that businesses are responsible to store, protect and process it. The goal of this course is to give you a deep understanding of the legislation itself, as well as how it may apply to any business that you work in. Although the GDPR is implemented officially in the EU, it is actually a respected regulation all over the world. Not to mention, any international business that deals with the data of EU citizens is still expected to adhere to these regulations. In this course, you will learn about all the necessary definitions within the GDPR as well as how to properly comply with it.
You Will Learn:
- About what the GDPR is and how it applies to people and business-owners across the European Union and the world.
- About when the GDPR was introduced and implemented, as well as what it aims to protect.
- The seven main principles of the GDPR.
- About what each principle governs and how it is monitored by law and regulation.
- About the risks, fines and penalties for non-compliance of the GDPR.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will understand the importance of the GDPR as it relates to business conducted in the EU or with relation to EU clients.
- You will be able to prove your understanding of the GDPR on a CV and show potential employers that you understand this important piece of regulation.
- Understand what data is and the different types of data governed by the GDPR
- Understand how you and your workplace are held accountable legally for upholding the GDPR.
- Understand the fines relating to the GDPR and the benefits of adhering strictly to these regulations.
Who can take the GDPR in Workplace Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 3 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 3 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the GDPR in Workplace Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.