- Course Code: UKVC18FCF
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.5 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Fundamental Concepts of Fraud Certificate
The term “fraud” refers to any crime that entails a violation of trust or deliberate deception. It can take many forms and is often committed by people who, at first glance, would appear unlikely culprits.
In this course, you will gain an overview of the practical and psychological aspects of fraud. You will learn what distinguishes fraud from other types of crime. This course focuses primarily on financial fraud and how it occurs in a business setting.
You Will Learn:
- The differences between internal and external fraud and an overview of financial statement fraud
- The typical characteristics of someone who commits fraud
- The three main elements of fraud and how some of the most common types of fraud work
- The three points at which fraud can occur within a company
- The two main categories of fraud and how fraud can destroy a business
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learning about fraud can help you protect yourself against it, whether you are an employee or worker
- If you are responsible for drawing up financial policies as part of your job, this course will help you decide which checks to put in place and how to enforce them
- If you have been a victim of fraud, this course may help you understand the perpetrator’s motives and the various factors that prompted their actions
- This course will help you identify suspicious behaviour, which in turn will allow you to play your part in tackling this common crime
Who can take the Fundamental Concepts of Fraud Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Fundamental Concepts of Fraud Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.