- Course Code: UKVC18FDC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Fraud Detection Certificate
All businesses should have in place a set of policies and procedures that deter people from committing fraud. Unfortunately, fraud remains a common problem across many industries. The financial sector is particularly vulnerable to these crimes.
Fortunately, there are many steps you can take to prevent fraud and minimise the damage if a crime has already occurred. In this course, you will learn the underlying principles of fraud detection, what fraud detection looks like in practice and the most common challenges people investigating suspected fraud tend to encounter.
You Will Learn:
- Why fraud detection is important and why learning how to spot patterns is an essential skill in investigating fraud
- How to look for clues that may point to future instances of fraud
- How to identify anomalies in records and processes by analysing data
- The challenges that face data auditors when trying to identify fraudulent activity and how to use analytics to identify red flags
- How to detect credit card fraud using decision trees and algorithms
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Anyone who owns a business or occupies a senior position will benefit from this course, as it contains essential information that will help guard a company against fraud.
- If you are an employee, knowing how and why fraud occurs will help you play your role in flagging anomalies, which could ultimately save your company a lot of time and money.
- If you are responsible for recruiting new employees, this course will help you take their financial background into consideration when deciding whether to make an offer.
- If you are interested in criminal law, this course will provide you with a useful insight into fraud and fraud detection.
Who can take the Fraud Detection Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Fraud Detection Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.