- Course Code: UKVC18FEW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.5 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Fires & Explosions in the Workplace Certificate
Every year, hundreds of people in the UK are injured by fires and explosions at work. These injuries are not restricted to stereotypically “dangerous” industries – fires and explosions can occur in almost any workplace.
Furthermore, the majority of these incidents are preventable. In this course, you will learn about the UK legislation that underpins best practice with regards to preventing fires and explosions at work, and the practical steps you can take to ensure a safe working environment.
You Will Learn:
- Why fire safety and the risk of explosions should be of concern to all business owners, regardless of industry or type of business
- The five steps employers should take to identify and manage fire and explosion-related risks in the workplace
- The main points of the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations 2002 (DSEAR) and how you can use a hierarchical approach to prevent fires and explosions
- How the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and other legislation can help you prepare for an emergency
- Why combustible dust is dangerous and how to store it safely
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under health and safety law.
- If you are responsible for carrying out risk assessments at work, this course will help you conduct a thorough investigation and highlight potential hazards that may cause fires and explosions.
- If you are an employee, this course will help you keep yourself and others safe when working with, or in close proximity to, combustible materials.
- This course will help you put together a plan that outlines what to do in the event of a fire or explosion at work.
Who can take the Fires & Explosions in Workplace Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Fires & Explosions in Workplace Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.