- Course Code: UKVC18EXT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Extremism & Terrorism Awareness Diploma
Although the threat from terrorist incidents is relatively low, it is vital that employers, employees and students remain aware of the threat posed by extremist violence. Vigilance underpinned by a working knowledge of violent extremism is the best defence against terrorist-related injuries and fatalities.
In this course, you will learn how and why some people come to adopt extremist views, how to identify extremism in others and how some individuals cross the line from fervent beliefs to violence. The course also contains practical advice to follow should your workplace or institution come under threat from terrorism.
You Will Learn:
- The difference between extremism and terrorism, how the former manifests as the latter and how terrorists carry out their attacks.
- How individuals come to adopt extremist views, how extremists spread their message and the personal characteristics that make someone particularly vulnerable to radicalization.
- How to identify the most common signs of extremist views and intent to carry out terrorist activities in an employee or student, and how to use the “Behaviour Barometer” model to assess the situation.
- What to do if you know or suspect that someone you know has been radicalized, and the next steps to take if you suspect that the situation is escalating.
- How to use ETHANE and “4 C’s” to respond to a terrorist incident, and how to promote the safety and wellbeing of employees and students.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
- You will gain a general insight into terrorism and extremism, which will help you place news and current affairs into context.
- You will be in a position to advise others in your workplace or institution about the threat of terrorism, and how they can take preventative measures against attacks.
- If you work as a manager or tutor, this course will help you meet your responsibility to identify extremist views in employees and students.
- If you work with young people, this course will help you assist those who are vulnerable to radicalisation, which in turn enables you to help safeguard your community.
- A basic understanding of extremism and terrorism will further your understanding of government policy, essential for those looking to work in the civil service or allied fields.
Who can take the Extremism & Terrorism Awareness Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Extremism & Terrorism Awareness Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.