- Course Code: UKVC18ERG
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Ergonomics - Steps to Reduce Workplace Related Injuries Certificate
Every year, millions of people around the world are injured at work. Occasionally, these injuries are fatal. Not only do workplace accidents result in pain and suffering for the casualty, but they also come at a cost to the organisation in terms of profit, productivity and reputation.
In this course, you will learn how and why taking ergonomic factors into account when designing a job or workplace lowers the chances of an accident. You will discover how successful businesses manage the most common workplace risks and why it is important to consider the work culture as a whole when making changes designed to improve worker safety and wellbeing.
You Will Learn:-
- What is meant by the term “ergonomics” and why it is necessary to consider the nature of the job, worker characteristics and organisational factors when making decisions that could impact upon worker health and safety.
- What the term “procedure” means, how procedures are carried out, what to bear in mind when designing a procedure, how and why procedural errors occur and the link between procedures and competence.
- How to ensure that workers undertake manual handling tasks in a safe and efficient manner and how to limit the number of manual handling tasks carried out at work.
- Why fatigue is a risk factor in the workplace and how to ensure the welfare of shift workers.
- Why it is important to promote a culture of safety at work, why making changes can pose difficulties and how to overcome resistance to change.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:-
- You will be in a position to identify health and safety risks in the workplace, to identify job design problems and to alert your supervisor or manager to issues that require attention.
- If you work in an HR role, or have been given special responsibility for health and safety at work, you will benefit from this introduction to the interaction between ergonomic factors and accident prevention.
- If you are a manager, this course will help you to educate your team with regards to health and safety issues, thus promoting a safe working environment.
- If you are in a senior management position, this course will give you the confidence and knowledge you need to inspire the active development of a positive safety culture.
- If you are interested in a career in ergonomics or health and safety, this course will provide you with an overview of the key issues confronting organisations today.
Who can take the Ergonomics – Steps to Reduce Workplace Related Injuries Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Ergonomics – Steps to Reduce Workplace Related Injuries Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.