- Course Code: UKFPC16EDD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Equality, Diversity and Discrimination
The law on equality, diversity and discrimination has changed in recent years. Public bodies and businesses alike are now required to take steps to ensure that they do not treat people in any of nine protected categories unfairly, and legislation has defined six types of discrimination that employers have a responsibility to guard against.
Whether you are an employee or a business owner, this course will serve as a useful introduction to the subject and will raise your awareness of the issues around it.
You Will Learn:
- What is meant by each of the words “equality”, “diversity” and “discrimination”.
- Some of the different types of discrimination and the meaning of positive action.
- The difference between positive action and positive discrimination.
- How our own values and beliefs come to be and how they impact on the way we treat others.
- How institutional discrimination can become embedded in organisations and how it can be reversed.
- The implications of the Equality Act 2010 on businesses and individuals.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will develop an understanding of the broad scope of the Equality Act and some of the obligations that it places on businesses and individuals.
- You will discover how to make your own workplace more inclusive.
- You will learn how to spot the various types of discrimination.
- If you work for, or run a business in the UK, or you intend to do either, then this course will help you to understand these issues, comply with the law and foster a happier, more collaborative workplace.
Who can take the Equality, Diversity and Discrimination Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Equality, Diversity and Discrimination Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.