- Course Code: UKVC19IYE
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1.25 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
English Grammar — Improve Your English
English is a notoriously difficult language to get right, especially when it comes to its written form. The rules of English grammar can seem arbitrary and are difficult even for native speakers to grasp fully.
However, as complicated and difficult as mastering English grammar can be, it is an essential part of improving your written and verbal communication. Without these skills, you may find it hard to get your message across in a way that others can easily understand.
This course introduces you to the basics behind English grammar. By going through both modules, you can learn enough about the rules of grammar to instantly improve your writing.
We begin by talking about the nine parts of speech in detail, reviewing how to properly use each one.
Next, we move on to talk about the rules surrounding punctuation marks.
Finally, we leave you with a few points that you can keep in mind, when you are proofreading your work.
You Will Learn:
- The difference between a noun, a pronoun and a proper noun
- When to use adverbs and adjectives and how to use them properly
- The rules of comma use, including a discussion about the Oxford comma
- How to properly use apostrophes and when to avoid using them
- The difference between a run-on sentence, a comma splice and a sentence fragment, along with how to avoid each one in your work
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Understand why it is important to work on and perfect your grammar
- Ensure your message is clearly understood by your audience
- Learn about the four most common mistakes that people make when writing and how to avoid them
- If you are a non-native English speaker, you can learn more about the rules of grammar, helping to improve your grasp of the language, resulting in better communication skills
- If you are a native English speaker, this course can help you take your writing to the next level
Who can take the English Grammar — Improve Your English Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the English Grammar — Improve Your English Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.