- Course Code: UKFPC17ELC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers / Flash Player 10+
End of Life Care Certificate
As a person approaches the end of their life, palliative or end of life care is crucial. Carers strive to keep the patient comfortable and as pain free as possible, while also providing important emotional, psychological and social support. They must develop a unique set of skills to provide this support to both the patient and their families.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of end of life care. The course begins by giving a general overview of end of life care, along with outlining the roles and responsibilities of carers. The course also reviews the feelings and emotions that run high during this difficult time and tells you how to provide the type of support different patients need.
You Will Learn:-
- Exactly what end of life care entails and the roles and responsibilities of those employed as or serving the role of a carer.
- The feelings and emotions that are experienced by patients and those felt by their loved ones.
- The various patterns of dying and how you can provide support regardless of pattern.
- An overview of the dying process, along with what to expect shortly before death, putting you in a better position to prepare loved ones.
- The specific types of support you are required to provide.
- What steps you should take following death to ensure respectful aftercare.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about the roles you must fill as an end of life carer.
- Gaining insight into the feelings and emotions experienced by those close to end of life situations, including patients and their loved ones.
- Understanding the various patterns of dying and learning how to support patients and their loved ones throughout each one.
- Acquiring information about the dying process, including how you can prepare family members and loved ones.
- Gaining important information about the specific types of support carers are required to provide.
Who can take the End of Life Care Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the End of Life Care Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.