- Course Code: UKVC18ELS
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.50 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Electrical Safety in the Workplace Certificate
Electrical accidents can result in serious injury, disability and death. Although workers in some industries are at especially high risk of injury, these accidents can occur in almost any workplace. Therefore, it is important that employers and workers alike understand the risks they encounter when working with electricity and how to work in a safe, efficient manner.
In this course, you will learn how to identify potential sources of electrocution and uphold electrical safety in the workplace. You will learn about the key legislation put in place to ensure electrical safety at work and its practical implications in day-to-day scenarios.
You Will Learn:
- The effects of electric shock on the body and why electrical accidents can be fatal
- The most common causes of electrical accidents in the workplace
- The scope of The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and how they complement other legislation
- How risk assessments reduce the chance of electrical injury, and other practical steps an employer can take to promote electrical safety at work
- How to select the right tools and equipment when carrying out work with electricity and how to ensure that anyone working with electricity is appropriately qualified to do so
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under health and safety law with regards to electrical safety
- If you are responsible for conducting risk assessments at work, this course will help you identify and understand potential electrical hazards
- If you are an employee, this course will help you understand and avoid common electrical hazards
- If you have an interest in occupational health, this course will provide a useful introduction to one of the most lethal hazards present in the workplace
Who can take the Electrical Safety in Workplace Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 3 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 3 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Electrical Safety in Workplace Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.50 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.