- Course Code: UKFPC16DMA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Dementia is highly prevalent and affects millions of people around the world. It includes a broad category of brain diseases that become progressively worse over time - and we’re seeing a sharp increase in diagnosis.
This course provides a comprehensive insight into the types, nature and aspects of dementia, as well as ways to prevent and manage this terrible affliction.
From the different categories to the current research into the causes and potential ways to ease the burden of dementia, this comprehensive course covers all the bases.
You Will Learn
- The basics about dementia - the definitions, brief history and categories
- The different stages of dementia
- The symptoms of dementia
- A comprehensive look at the different types of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease
- How to prevent and manage dementia
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- You will be able to better understand and interact with sufferers of dementia in your life
- You will become familiar with techniques to prevent dementia which can be applied to your life as well as shared with others
- You will learn about the common misconceptions that many people have and play an active role in enlightening others
- You will understand all about the different stages and how sufferers are affected
- You will learn all about the different symptoms of dementia and how to manage them effectively
Who can take the Dementia Awareness course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Dementia Awareness course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.