- Course Code: UKVC18DCD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
The Dangers of Construction Dust
Construction dust is not merely a nuisance in the workplace – it can also cause silicosis, lung cancer and other serious health problems. It is therefore essential that anyone who works in dusty environments understands the risks and how to mitigate them.
This course contains a detailed overview of the various types of dust commonly encountered in the workplace, along with practical steps employers and workers need to take in order to reduce the risks associated with dust exposure.
You Will Learn:-
- What construction dust is made of, how different forms of dust are classified, the activities that produce construction dust and the short and long-term risks of dust exposure.
- How Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) (2002) protect workers from dust exposure and what employers need to do in order to meet their obligations under the law.
- How Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) can reduce the risk of harmful dust exposure and how to choose the best RPE for the job.
- Why health surveillance is useful in safeguarding worker health and how to implement an effective health surveillance programme that monitors employees who are exposed to silica dust.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are an employer, you will benefit from learning how to uphold worker health and safety and meet your obligations under the law.
- If you work in dusty environments, this course will help you understand the potential risks to your health and empower you to stay safe at work.
- If you are interested in occupational health, particularly in the construction industry, the information in this course will help you understand the key health consequences of construction dust exposure.
- This course will help you draw up a comprehensive risk assessment regarding dust exposure, which is helpful for anyone responsible for identifying potential dangers in the workplace.
Who can take the Dangers of Construction Dust Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Dangers of Construction Dust Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.