- Course Code: UKFEM15CSD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Customer Services Diploma
These days more companies are looking for members who have outstanding customer service skills. More clients are focusing on the service they receive and are demanding that companies around the world provide them with a better service on a daily basis.
Introduction to the Customer Services Diploma
This information packed course gives you the skills you need to provide your clients with a higher level of service, whether you are dealing with them face to face, over the phone or online.
The course comprises of eleven modules bursting with information which take around ten hours to complete. You get to study at your own pace and where you feel most comfortable, as long as you have access to the internet. The modules are accessible on all devices from PCs to laptops and tablets to mobile phones, giving you the convenience of studying from anywhere at any time.
During your studies you will have access to guidance and support from our expert tutors. Further, this course is IVCAS approved, to give you complete peace of mind that you are completing an industry recognised diploma.
What You Will Learn
This course comprises of eleven information packed modules, these include:
- Get an oversight of customer service from what it is to the different types to why it is so important for you, your client and your business moving forward.
- Understand your customers, find your niche and get a firm understanding of consumer rights law in the United Kingdom.
- Make a great first impression, learn how positive attitude, dress and body language affects how you are perceived.
- Learn how to care for your customer's needs, from seeing customer service from their perspective to the importance of communication.
- Get insight into how to retain your customers. Learn how to effectively deal with complaints, provide an outstanding after sales service and what you need to do in the case that the customer is wrong.
- Learn about the importance of face to face customer service. This module will teach you the importance of a positive first impression and how body language will play a role in the service you provide and how your service is perceived.
- Get a firm understanding of telephone customer service complete with eleven tips to improve your customer service levels over the phone. This module will also provide valuable insight into telephone etiquette.
- Understand the importance of electronic customer service. The do's and don'ts and tips on providing an effective service electronically in a world where everyone relies on the internet on a daily basis.
- The course will teach you how to deal with difficult customers, how to defuse anger, how to control your own emotions and how keeping calm can solve the problem that bit faster.
- Learn to deal with escalation to improve service levels. This module covers handling abusive clients, handling physical threats and how not to cave into the clients' demands.
- Learn how to make a good impression at all times by offering the best customer service and recapping the skills you have learned to ensure you can incorporate them into your daily duties without delay.
Benefits of the Customer Services Diploma
Customer services has become essential for all employees in all industries. It doesn't matter what industry you are working in right now, having a customer services diploma behind you can give you the knowledge and insight you need to provide your clients with a service that they expect and deserve, ensuring you help your business grow daily.
Company owners are seeing the benefit of sending their teams for customer services training. Company owners see more enquiries convert to sales, happier customers and happier team members.
The benefits of a customer services diploma are endless, but here are some you can take note of right way:
- You will learn how to exceed your customers' expectations.
- You will learn how to be courteous and helpful to each client you come in contact with.
- Your motivation levels will increase as you see your clients become more comfortable with you and the service you provide.
- Learn essential problem solving skills you can use daily.
- See your confidence soar as you get more comfortable with dealing with customers face to face, over the phone and online.
- What customer service is
- About the different types of customer service
- About customer service terminology
- Why customer service is so important
- Who the customer is
- About consumer rights law in the UK
- The difference between internal and external customers
- How to find your niche within the industry
- How to make a great first impression
- Why getting your clothing right is essential to the image you wish to convey
- How body language affects the way you are perceived
- About the power of a positive attitude
- About the client’s perspective of customer service
- How to best meet a customer’s needs
- How to exceed customer expectations
- Why communication is key to caring for a customer
- How to provide an effective after sales service
- What to do when the customer is wrong
- How to listen to and effectively deal with complaints
- Why you need to show empathy with a complaining customer
- How to create a positive first impression
- How to use your body language to communicate effectively
- About other forms of non-verbal communication
- How talking down your competition can have a negative effect on your image
- About telephone etiquette
- The advantages and disadvantages of telephone customer service
- 11 Tips for providing better telephone customer service
- Why an efficient employee will take pre-emptive measures to improve customer satisfaction
- The advantages and disadvantages of electronic customer service
- What “Netiquette” is
- The do’s and don’ts of sending emails
- How to provide effective customer service electronically
- How to diffuse anger
- Why keeping a calm demeanour will help solve issues faster
- How to control your emotions
- Why you should deal with a customer's anger before solving their problem
- How to handle abusive customers
- Why you shouldn’t cave in to unreasonable demands
- When you should tell a customer “enough is enough”
- How to handle physical threats
- How to retain customers through best service
- Why your focus should also be on creating as uncomplicated and simple an experience as possible
- Why any effective and talented customer service professional will have the ability to convince others of their opinion
- A recap of the skills you need for customer service jobs
What our students say…
I really enjoyed this course
Good course, it reviews all the concepts that are needed in the Customer Service environment, and provides information on how to resolve any challenges that may arise.
Each module is well worded, and you are tested as you go. So you know if there are any specific modules that you’ve had problems with.
The information is informative without trying to blow your mind, and seems to be targeted at the correct level.
In summary, good informative modules, well worded questions, a good course to start to know the concepts of Customer Services.
Peter Day – Bedford
I really enjoyed this course
I really enjoyed this course. It gave lot of information about customer service and skills you require.
It gave me an understanding of customer services, why it is so important. I learned about attitude, how to make a first impression, how to present yourself, body language, positive attitude, how to communicate with customers internal or external, about other forms of non verbal communication and how to talk to a angry customer, how to control your emotions and how to deal with a customer’s anger before solving their problem.
I have learned how to retain customers through best service. It gives a lot of knowledge about customer service.
Sanjay Kaushal – Nottingham
I really enjoyed this course
Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that before I used to apply for a vacancy I was not confident about my CV. To strengthen my confidence I decided to do the Customer Service Diploma with New Skills. I have completed the course and am now very happy. Thank you so much to all the team who provided me the easy access to the course.
Nadir Zekouki – Batley
I would recommend it to anyone working in HR or looking to get into HR
Easy to use! Fantastic! It has massively helped me whilst I have been working in Human Resources. I couldn’t ask for anything better. I can’t wait to start another course with you!
Definitely worth every penny and I would highly recommend it. I was also able to brush up on my excel knowledge too which is really imperative in my role. Before I started the course I had little knowledge on how to use Excel. I am now an Excel wiz!
In summary, fantastic course I would recommend it to anyone working in HR or looking to get into HR
Eva Stenson – Solihull
Very happy with the course
It’s very easy to use the website and you can access all the information you need to learn. The tutors are very quick to respond which makes it even easier to understand and move on with the studies.
Very happy with the course.
Cindy Miceli – London
I definitely recommend this course to everyone
I really enjoyed this course because I was able to study at anytime and anywhere from my phone, when my little daughter was sleeping. I like working with people and this course offered me more knowledge about the best way to treat a customer.
This diploma will help me get a better job in the future. After each module there is a short test and at the end of the course there is another overall longer test so it’s best to read and understand each module properly.
I definitely recommend this course to everyone who wants to improve their customer service skills.
Lavinia Poara – Harrow
I would certainly recommend it!
I really enjoyed this course. Although I already work in customer services, I found it very informative and I picked up a lot of useful information and tips. What I liked about the course was that it was something you could do at your own pace and it was easy to follow.
It made me feel more relaxed about my studying and put me at ease when it came to the final test at the end. The modules were just the right length, with plenty of content to get your teeth into but not too much that it became overwhelming, and that made it better to learn and digest what was being said.
I would certainly recommend it!
Stephen Rawlinson – London
Thank you for such a positive and rewarding experience.
I am over the moon with my experience in completing my first online course with New Skills Academy. I found the whole process quick and efficient and the site very easy to navigate. I found it helpful to complete short tests at the end of each module as I feel this helps to review the information I have read and confirm that I understood it and could retain the information as well.
I found the course to be very well written and the information provided to be interesting and relevant to the course and the final test to be efficient in recapping everything I had learnt throughout the course. I completed the course quite quickly and was able to study using my iPhone as the course was iOS compatible which I found to be the best way of accessing the course, information and tests.
I’m thrilled that I passed my first course and can’t wait to get started on the next one. Thank you for such a positive and rewarding experience.
Lisa Simmons – Blackpool
This Diploma course is ideal
Providing excellent customer service is essential to the long-term viability of every business. New Skills Academy – for me online Diploma in Customer Service course introduces the fundamental elements of customer service and explains how they can be applied in any organization. Following this, it describes how a business can develop its customer service program to the highest level.
This course also details the role of customer service in the hospitality industry, the retail industry and the public sector. These sections explain the elements of customer service that should be focused on in these sectors.
This Diploma course is ideal for business managers, business owners and entrepreneurs who wish to learn how to implement an effective customer service program in their organization. This course will also be of great interest to retail staff, hospitality workers and public servants who want to become more proficient at providing friendly and effective customer service.
Oksana Furmane, London
This course is comprehensive and any professional can add some useful knowledge
I have just completed the Level 3 Customer Services Diploma course. This course covers all aspects of what exactly customer service is and how somebody could be an excellent costumer representative.
Although I have 10 years work experience, I should admit that I found it quite interesting. This course is comprehensive and any professional can add some useful knowledge. It offers some essential tips for all who want to succeed in the customer service role.
The modules are well organised and understandable, so anybody can easily become familiar with the terminology. I do propose to anybody to attend this course.
Georgia Sideri – London
Who can take the Level 2 & 3 Customer Services Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 11 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 11 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 11 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Level 2 & 3 Customer Services Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.