- Course Code: UKMET15ITB
- Location: Online
- Duration: 5 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Introduction to Baking Diploma
The Introduction to Baking course teaches students how to create award-winning cakes for use at birthdays, weddings and a variety of other special occasions. This online training course will also put you on the path to running and marketing a successful bakery.
Students who choose to study baking have a wide variety of career options to choose from. Additionally, the job offers you the ability to use creative design skills. This course will cover everything from the perfect cake recipe to finding a niche for your own bakery.
With this online course, you will receive a comprehensive training programme, which you can access at any time that is convenient for you. A great deal of our enrolled students still work full time and maintain an active lifestyle while pursuing their degrees.
To access the introduction to baking material, you will need a device with an internet connection. In addition, while you study, you are eligible to receive online support.
Once you have successfully completed this course, and the multiple-choice exam, you will receive your diploma. You can download the diploma from home, or for an additional charge, we will post it to you.
What You Will Learn
The introduction to baking course will cover the following material:
- Creating winning recipes
- How to run and market your own bakery
- Deciding on a niche
- How to find a birthday cake recipe
- Fillings and icings for your cakes
- Wedding cakes
- Christmas cakes
- Cake decorating
- Piping and how to make a piping bag
- The best method for stacking cakes
- Rosettes and designing your cakes
- Healthy cake recipes
Benefits of the Introduction to Baking Course Diploma
While you work towards earning your diploma, you will see a variety of benefits. These include the following:
- The convenience of studying from home, or anywhere with an internet connection.
- As there is no time limit for this course, you can study at a pace that is comfortable for you.
- The ability to study course material on any device including tablets, PCs or mobile phones.
- Our short course modules and easy to understand course structure provides you with an enjoyable learning experience.
- Convenient online support available while you train.
- Access to a comprehensive syllabus that will fast track you in the process to becoming a baker, or owning your own bakery.
- The chance to improve your prospects while you look for work or volunteer opportunities in the industry.
- A certified and recognised diploma upon successful course completion.
- An affordable pricing structure.
- About Creating Winning Recipes
- About Baking and Decorating
- About Running and Marketing Your Business
- How to Decide on a Niche
- How to find the perfect birthday cake recipe
- About fillings for birthday cakes
- Healthier cake recipes you can try
- Icing ideas you can try
- About finding the perfect recipe for wedding cakes
- What fillings are popular
- What you need to find out from your client at the initial consultation
- How to price and promote your wedding cake service
- About finding the perfect Christmas cake recipe
- Icing / decorating ideas
- Healthy recipe options
- Christmas cake fillings
- Piping & how to make a piping bag
- Rosettes & other designs
- How you can embellish your cakes
- The best methods for perfectly stacking your cakes
The course has definitely given me the confidence to take my hobby to the next level.
I was a bit apprehensive about doing this course online but I needn’t have worried. I was able to work through the modules at my own pace.
The course material was easy to understand and had some really useful and practical information and advice such as choosing a name for your business and the pitfalls of working from home.
I’m really, really glad I did this course as I am a home baker and it has provided lots of useful knowledge and tips to take my business forward. The course has definitely given me the confidence to take my hobby to the next level.
Monica Richards – London
Who can take the Cupcake Academy: Introduction to Baking course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Cupcake Academy: Introduction to Baking course?We estimate that the course will take about 5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.