- Course Code: UKVC18COM
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.75 hours
- Cost: £49.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Communication Basics Certificate
Sound communication skills are vital to your success in the workplace. Unfortunately, many people find it hard to communicate or decode spoken and written messages. This can give rise to arguments and misunderstandings.
This course will provide you with an insight into the pillars of communication, and how you can use them to enhance your relationships at work and at home.
You Will Learn:
- The basic model underlying all forms of communication
- The most common problems that arise during communication, and how to resolve them
- How to deal with conflict in the early stages
- How to use body language to emphasise your message
- What to do if you do not understand what someone else is saying
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
- Reliable communication is essential to all healthy relationships, so this course is relevant to people working in any sector
- If you are responsible for resolving disputes at work, this course will give you an insight into how conflict can arise in the first place
- If you train others as part of your job, this course will help you get your message across quickly and easily
- If you work with people from diverse backgrounds, this course will help bridge the gap by teaching you how to work successfully with anyone
Who can take the Communication Basics Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Communication Basics Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.