- Course Code: UKVC19CBV
- Location: N/A
- Duration: N/A hours
- Cost: £180.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: N/A
- Compatibility: N/A
- What is meant by the terms “blog”, “blogging” and other related phrases
- How blogging started and how it became popular among internet users
- The main reasons why people decide to write blogs
- The various groups of people who run blogs and what they often hope to achieve
- How to choose the right platform for your blog
- How to make the decision between using a blog hosting service and hosting your own blog
- The main features and costs associated with six of the most commonly used blogging platforms
- How to secure a domain name and hosting, if you decide to set up a self-hosted blog
- Why it is important to choose the right topic for your blog
- How to devise an initial list of ideas for blog topics
- How to select an idea that has the potential to make money at a later date
- How to research the existing level of interest around your topic
- Why producing high quality content should be your primary concern as a blogger
- The various kinds of blog post you may wish to publish to your blog
- How to devise ideas for your blog posts
- Why it is a good idea to plan your posts using a posting schedule or diary
- An overview of the most popular ways of making money from a blog
- How to make money by placing advertisements on your blog
- How to make money by promoting other peoples’ products on your blog
- How to make money by selling your own products via your blog
- Why it is helpful to think of yourself as a member of a wider blogging community
- Where you can find other bloggers writing in your niche
- How you can attract more readers to your blog by networking with other bloggers
- Why including guest posts on your blog is a good strategy for increasing engagement and traffic
- Why you should maintain a social media presence on at least once social media website
- An overview of the most popular social media platforms for bloggers and how each can be used to attract new readers and engage with your existing audience
- The kind of content you can post to social media and how it can be used to engage readers
- How to use social media to devise new ideas for blog content
- Why effective blogs often make use of images and videos alongside text
- Different types of blog content that is often enhanced by visual media
- Legal issues to consider when using other peoples’ media in your blog
- How to produce your own memorable visual media for use on your site
- Why you should consider starting a blog if you have a business
- How you can use content to engage with existing customers and attract new prospects
- How building an email list via a blog can provide you with a new means of selling products
- How to strike a balance between maintaining a professional image and showcasing the personality of your business
- Why you need to be aware of the most common online security threats
- An overview of the potential consequences of successful cyber-attacks
- The reasons why people attempt to hack into blogs and other websites
- Why you should keep backups of your blog content
- A basic introduction to vlogging, what it is and how it came to be.
- The history of vlogging, including the first vlog ever created.
- What skills you need for a career as a vlogger.
- Advantages and disadvantages of vlogging.
- Why vlogging is a route to fame
- What determines vlogging fame
- Famous vloggers and their stories
- How to implement what you learned from famous vloggers
- The different options available for vlogging
- The features of these vlogging platforms
- The pros and cons of major vlogging platforms
- Comparing and contrasting vlogging platforms
- The basic equipment you will require for vlogging
- How to determine what type of equipment you might need for vlogging
- Information on camera features you need for vlogging
- Information on lighting you need for vlogging
- Types of vlog topics
- The best way to present certain vlog topics
- Keeping your vlog focused to hold the audience’s attention
- How to choose fresh content for your vlog
- Why the quality of your video is critical to your vlog
- The characteristics of a good quality video
- An outline of important video production elements
- Best practices for indoor video
- How to film better to avoid excessive editing
- The basics of editing video after filming
- Fine tuning and enhancing your video
- How to develop your on-screen presence
- Why your on-screen presence is important
- Elements of a successful vlogger’s on-screen presence
- Learning what works best for you
- How to create a vlog channel subscribers are excited about
- Why and how to have a ‘soft opening’
- Outline what you need to prepare
- Learn the main pieces to a vlog channel
- How to increase your subscriber base
- Deciding on how you want to monetise your vlog
- Options for making money with your vlog channel
- Tips and techniques for monetising
Who can take the Combined Blogging, Vlogging & Social Media Influencer Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The Combined Blogging, Vlogging & Social Media Influencer Diploma Course consists of 3 courses:
Each course consists of between 4 and 10 individual modules.
Modules can take from 20 to 90 minutes to complete. You are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Do I have to study the courses in a certain order?No. You can study the courses in any order you choose. If you want to, you can do one module from a course and then move on to the next course.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Yes. Once you have completed all of the modules for each course there will be a multiple choice test.
The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for each test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process.
We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Combined Blogging, Vlogging & Social Media Influencer Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about hours to complete in total.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.