- Course Code: UKVC18CMN
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Carbon Monoxide Awareness Certificate
Carbon monoxide kills hundreds of people each year. Virtually undetectable without specialist equipment, it is sometimes known as the “silent killer”.
This course addresses the problem of carbon monoxide exposure in the workplace. It combines factual information about the causes and consequences of carbon monoxide poisoning with practical guidance on how to reduce the risk of exposure.
You Will Learn:-
- What carbon monoxide is, how it is produced and its short and long-term effects on human health.
- How to prevent carbon monoxide leaks by choosing and maintaining suitable equipment, setting up a suitable workspace and making adjustments to work processes if necessary.
- The duties of employers and employees under the law and an overview of how health and safety legislation can act as a guide to preventing carbon monoxide poisoning.
- What you need to do in the event of a carbon monoxide leak and how to work with third parties in reducing the risk of future incidents.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:-
- Any employer looking to further their knowledge of their obligations under health and safety law will benefit from taking this course.
- You will be able to identify potential sources of carbon monoxide poisoning in the workplace and take steps to remedy the situation.
- Anyone working in an environment which could potentially expose them to carbon monoxide will benefit from developing an understanding of the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- If you are interested in occupational health, this course will provide you with a valuable overview of a common workplace hazard.
Who can take the Carbon Monoxide Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Carbon Monoxide Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.