- Course Code: UKVC18NGP
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.75 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
How to Calculate Net and Gross Pay
Good payroll management is key to the running of a business. Fortunately, this is a relatively simple matter now that we have software packages able to calculate tax, National Insurance contributions, and other deductions that need to be taken off an employee’s payslip.
However, it is still essential that you understand the basic concepts underlying these calculations. In this course, you will learn the differences between net and gross pay.
You Will Learn:
- What is meant by the term “gross pay” and how it is calculated
- What is meant by the term “net pay” and how it is calculated
- The most common types of deductions displayed on a payslip
- Why a high-quality payroll package is an essential business tool
- When you should consider manually checking your payroll figures
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are responsible for overseeing a payroll at work, this course will help you fulfil your duties
- This course will prevent you from making mistakes that could cost your business considerable time and money in the long run
- This course will help you work with employees to resolve any difficulties and discrepancies relating to pay
- This course will help you decide who requires payroll training in your business, which is useful if you work in an HR or training role
Who can take the Payroll – How to Calculate Net and Gross Pay Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Payroll – How to Calculate Net and Gross Pay Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.