- Course Code: UKVC20BVC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.25 hours
- Cost: £199.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
The recent rise in terrorist attacks and extremist activities has become a source of growing concern in Britain. Even more alarming is the threat of radicalisation of youth by Islamic terrorist groups.
The Department for Education strongly suggests instilling British values from the early years as a means of counteracting the risks of radicalisation.
What You Will Learn:
- The importance of British values and why they are a powerful tool to combat the risk of radicalisation
- How British values help students understand the difference between right and wrong by practising them in their daily lives
- The benefits and goals of introducing British values in schools and how SMSC (spiritual, moral, social and cultural development) can help support student development
- How democracy and the rule of law allow a balance between freedom and accountability
- How mutual respect, individual liberty and tolerance play an important part in fostering harmony
- How schools can promote these values in practical, effective ways
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
This course can particularly benefit teachers and school staff who interact with children on a daily basis.
- You will have the opportunity to instil British values in students right from an early age
- By understanding each value, you can create innovative and practical activities to promote these values
- You can allow students adequate freedom while simultaneously overseeing their efforts to create agreements, implement rules and think about current problems
- You can organise debates, speech writing and essay contests to motivate students to think critically about important issues
- Promoting British values at school helps you develop future citizens of the country who will act with fairness and tolerance
The promotion of British values motivates students to resist radicalisation and brainwashing. Instilling British values helps students develop into mature, well-adjusted adults and allows them to positively contribute to life in modern Britain.
Who can take the British Values Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the British Values Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.