- Course Code: UKVC18BBP
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Blood-borne Pathogens & Exposure Control Plan
Blood-borne pathogens are microorganisms inside the human body which can cause a number of serious diseases through contamination. Employees who work in nursing, dentistry, laboratories or surgeries have an occupational risk of exposure to blood or other potentially hazardous bodily fluids. A comprehensive Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan will help to protect these employees.
This course provides an in-depth overview of Exposure Control Plans. The course will cover what the plan should entail, the step-by-step procedures surrounding exposure to blood borne pathogens in the workplace and how to introduce the plan to employees in training.
You Will Learn:
- What a Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan is and what it involves.
- How an effective Exposure Control Plan can save lives, prevent injuries and protect the health of employees.
- How to introduce a Control Plan to employees in training.
- What steps to take to reduce the risk of exposure to employees.
- What to do in the immediate aftermath of an exposure incident.
Benefits of Taking this Course
- You will learn about Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control and how to implement a successful plan in the workplace.
- Your staff will be better trained to work in an environment where there is a risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens as a result of you taking this course.
- You will gain an insight into the dangers of blood-borne pathogens and why your workplace should have an Exposure Control Plan in place.
- You will learn the preventative measures to put in place to keep staff safe and reduce the risk of contamination.
- You will learn what to do in the event of a member of your team being exposed to potentially hazardous blood-borne pathogens.
Who can take the Blood-borne Pathogens & Exposure Control Plan Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Blood-borne Pathogens & Exposure Control Plan Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.