- Course Code: UKFEC17ADE
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Anxiety Awareness Diploma Course
Anxiety is one of the biggest mental health conditions experienced by thousands of British citizens every year. While anxiety helps us evaluate our responses to dangers and threats, it can turn into a problem when it becomes the norm rather than the exception. The anxiety awareness course is designed to promote awareness regarding the nature of anxiety, the causes, symptoms and treatments.
Self-awareness plays a crucial role in helping us understand our fears, insecurities and beliefs. In addition, anxiety awareness also empowers you to help loved ones. The causes, signs and treatments explained in the Anxiety Awareness Course will help you understand the condition in its entirety.
What you will learn in the Anxiety Awareness Course
- The nature of anxiety and why we feel anxious about different events. You will understand how anxiety can help motivate and spur you on to achieve and how a chronic problem can deplete your self-confidence
- There are a lot of connections between modern day lifestyles and anxiety disorders. The fast pace, job pressures and frantic socialising can trigger perennial bouts of anxiety. You will learn to identify common triggers
- There are several causes of anxiety, including psychological, physiological or personal reasons. The treatment for anxiety will vary depending on the cause.
- Different types of anxiety disorders, including panic attacks, GERD, PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)
- The different effects of anxiety, including psychological, emotional and physical effects. You will learn how anxiety can progress from a mild and sporadic condition to a chronic or acute condition. You will also learn about the different ways in which anxiety can manifest itself in physical ways
- The causes, symptoms and treatments for GERD or Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Causes, symptoms and treatments for panic attacks
- The causes, signs and treatments for social anxiety as well as anxiety at work
- How to care for a loved one who suffers from anxiety
- Psychological therapy (CBT) and different medications to manage anxiety
- Alternative treatments for anxiety, including mindfulness practices, yoga, meditation and counselling. You will also learn about how hypnosis can help people help themselves
- The different centres and clinics in the UK that offer guidance, assistance and treatments for anxiety
Benefits of taking the Anxiety Awareness Diploma course
- Increasing our awareness about anxiety, its causes and effects helps to understand people who suffer from the condition
- Whether it is for yourself or a loved one, you will be in a better position to identify triggers and manage the condition better
- Understanding the nature and effects of anxiety prevents us from trivialising the harrowing experience of another person; we are able to appreciate what they are going through
- We are able to perform better at work without insecurity or worry
- You are able to enjoy higher levels of self-confidence and self-esteem
- By learning how to manage anxiety, you can help yourself and others live a happier, peaceful and more fulfilling life
The Anxiety Awareness course helps you become familiar with different therapies, self-help techniques and holistic treatments that help treat and manage anxiety effectively.
- Understanding anxiety;
- An overview of anxiety and its relevance in our lives;
- A definition of anxiety;
- A comparison between anxiety and stress;
- External and environmental causes;
- Anxiety due to past trauma and grief;
- Work related anxiety and coping strategies;
- Sleep deprivation and consumption of stimulants;
- How genes can increase predisposition to anxiety;
- Neurotransmitters, brain activity and their connection to anxiety;
- How to distinguish between natural worry and anxiety;
- Physical symptoms of anxiety;
Module 4 : Cognitive, Affective and Behavioural Causes of Anxiety; Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Cognitive anxiety symptoms (mood and thought disorders);
- Affective and behavioural anxiety symptoms (emotions, behaviours);
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and its impact on your life;
- GAD in children and adolescents;
- Definition and explanation of OCD and its impact on our lives;
- Common examples of obsessions and compulsions;
- OCD spectrum disorders and their connection to OCD;
- Facts about OCD and its causes;
- What are panic attacks and what is agoraphobia?
- Causes of, symptoms of and treatment for panic attacks;
- Panic attacks and agoraphobia;
- The physiology of a panic attack - what happens in our body?
- Definition of PTSD;
- Brief history of PTSD diagnosis and treatment;
- Types of PTSD symptoms;
- Re-experiencing, avoidance, aggression;
- What is social anxiety disorder, and how does it differ from shyness?
- The difference between shyness and social anxiety;
- Emotional, physical and behavioural symptoms of social anxiety;
- Triggers and causes of social anxiety;
- Definition of a phobia and common types of phobias;
- Definition of exposure response prevention therapy;
- Types of ERP (exposure response prevention) techniques, including in vivo, imaginal, virtual reality and interoceptive;
- Graded, flooding and systematic desensitisation methods;
- Mindfulness-based techniques and practices;
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT);
- Dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT);
- Interpersonal therapy;
Who can take the Anxiety Awareness Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Anxiety Awareness Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.